Our claims handling approach recognises the unique needs of the customer. We build flexible and tailored solutions with an established worldwide network of specialist claims agents and surveyors. in Responding quickly to claims and keeping you up to date every step of the way.
Every claim is unique. So we tailor our plan of action to the specific needs of the customer and work together with the involved parties, to bring each claim to a satisfactory conclusion. We highly value face-to-face contact with our customers so we take great strides to always ensure regular contact across the life of the claim
WHAT WE DO
Before the claim:
- Invest time to get to know your customers and what is important to them. Utilising joined-up thinking involving everyone from underwiters to claims handlers through risk managers at pre-tender stage. This gives us room to explore the full range of our capability
- Take a proactive approach to risk management to help your customers reduce exposure to potential claims
- Work with you and your customers to agree protocols and processes about the practical aspects of claims handling so that we’re fully prepared when a claim occurs.
During the claim:
- Assign a dedicated handler to each claim, who owns it from start to finish. In this way we build a strong relationship with always the same contact person
- Ensure fast response on new claims within a maximum of two working days
- Monitor progress, and proactively organise meetings and on-site visits, with the aim to move as quickly as possible to a settlement
- Work with a good network of highly specialised lawyers, loss adjusters and specialists, managing their service closely to make sure that they are delivering for your customers
- Maintain straightforward and open communication so the customer always knows exactly what to expect.
After the claim:
- Discuss, together with the customer, how to avoid recurrence and agree how we can use the lessons learned from the claim to improve risk management
Use the claims history to identify trends and share this information with the customer.
Should you have a complaint then please contact your claims handler who will be able to direct your issue to the claims manager. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and we will aim to review and resolve your this within 4 weeks. We will then issue our decision to you in writing. If it is not possible to reach a final decision within this timeframe, we will write to you to keep you informed of progress. If you are not satisfied with our decision or reply, you may refer your case to the relevant authority, “Klachteninstituut Financiële Dienstverlening (Kifid) https://www.kifid.nl/, of which RSA is a mandatory member.